Adhering to the rules for keeping snail broodstock contributes to a high level of reproduction on your farm.
Director of technological processes of our company “Snails House”, developed the rules that we recommend following:
- the comfortable temperature for Helix aspersa Maxima — 19-21 ° С, for Helix aspersa Müller — 14-16 ° С ;
- on the area of the vertical film and the uterine table should be no more than 50-60 snails per one m2;
- daylight hours — 15-16 h;
- level of humidity in the uterine room: during the day 75%, at night 90%;
- levels of the uterine tables have to be separate from each other;
- purity: every day you should collect dead individuals, rinse the uterine tables and remove the remains of compound feed;
- choose the best snails for the broodstock;
- you should feed you snail reproductors with special compound feed;
- workers have to follow hygiene standards (disinfectant rugs in front of the entrance, hats, replaceable clothing, gloves )in order to prevent the entry of pathogenic microflora into the uterine room;
- after hibernation snails should recover — 3-5 weeks.
Our advices will help you to get healthy baby snails and increase the reproduction of broodstock .